These are yummy! Two ingredients make a delicious “Payday” bar replica!
Check out the recipe and beautiful step-by-step pictures here!
- 4 cups Lightly Salted Peanuts, divided*
- 1 1/2 cups Dried, Whole, Pitted Dates**
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- In a food processor blend 1 cup of peanuts until they are very fine and start to clump together.
- Add the dates and water and blend until you get a fairly smooth paste. You will have to stop several times and scrape down the sides.
- Lay out 1 1/2 cups of peanuts on a baking sheet lined with a piece of parchment paper. Don’t try this without parchment.
- Spoon the date mixture onto the peanuts as evenly as possible without disturbing the peanuts underneath.
- Press the remaining peanuts into the top of the mixture flattening it as you go. Use an additional piece of parchment to completely flatten. You can utilize a cutting board to help flatten the mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before cutting into candy bar sized pieces.
- *Substitutions: If you can’t find lightly salted peanuts you can use regular salted peanuts. OR, use unsalted peanuts in the filling and salted peanuts on the outside if you’re worried about them being too salty.
- **I find my dates in the dried fruits and nuts near the produce section of my grocery store. I would advise you to avoid using “chopped” dates in this recipe as they often have a different texture. Dried “Medjool” dates are considered the King of Dates. They are usually a bit more expensive but they have the proper texture too.